Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday


We just had our first thunderstorm tonight! It reminded us so much of Texas! They have a lot there. And now looking out the window, we have a fresh layer of snow surprisingly. So beautiful. This has been a wonderful first winter here in Gillette for us. I really believe that seven days don't go by that we don't get some new snow. It is so pretty. Every time it melts off I'm always sorry to see it go. But not for long!

After Kaitlyn was born, Dec. 6th, the temperatures really dropped. One night it finally got down to -25, not including the wind chill. And there was definitely wind! Dec. and Jan. were so cold! I didn't get out much then, just watched from the window. Very nice. (And kept comparing the balmy temps. back in Bryan.) When Adam would come home from work he'd ask, "isn't it a little cold in here?" Apparently I was still used to our air conditioning temps. from Texas and the nice fall temps we had here. So I just naturally kept the thermostat around 70-75. Whereas coming in from very, very cold outdoors and a toasty car - that must have felt pretty chilly.

Tonight was the best night Ever for Matthew and Kaitlyn going to sleep!! Praise the Lord! Expecting much more of that gentle ending for everyone each time! Their sleep patterns keep getting closer and closer to each other which is just wonderful to see.

Tonight Adam went to a new chiropractor. He's been in a lot of pain these past few weeks. His first chiropractor that he went to here is really good. Except that Adam would spend 2-3 hours there each time. No exaggeration. The Dr. talked a lot, had all this equipment he'd put Adam on, all the while going to adjust other clients at the same time. Adam quickly decided that wasn't going to work. His new one is right across the hall from our friend, the masseuse. Which, wonderfully I get to say, I'm going to go to once a month for my own personal time 'away from it all.' What a cool husband I have to set that up for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment