We dropped off Adam at the airport and as is my tradition, I've got to do something fun to take my mind off of a 'business trip.'
This was Matthew's favorite room. This time (last time) I let him stay in here the entire time while we went around to the other ones. The 'ball room.' He can tell you all about it!
This water play area is so fun! I always forget, they have little raincoats we can use. Well, this time I thought of taking off his shirt to help.
Adam is back home! I've been getting a lot of cleaning and painting done in the house ever since we've gotten here. Especially during naptime! And with Adam here it's even easier between the two of us.
Over to Tracy's to visit and play with Madilyn and Zachary. We had just come from Chick-fil-A, one last time at her favorite place! Oh, I'm going to miss you SuperWoman/SuperMom!
After we've had our fill of looking, Adam put him over in the hedge. And he was nicely taken care of by his mother.
It's coming along nicely...while William sleeps : ) One day I kept painting with him along, and I just don't really want to deal with the mess again : )
Our first ever vacation bible school! Finally! One timed in our favor!! Matthew is on the very far left in a red shirt and khaki shorts. Behind the leader's hand : )
We had a chance to go in Bozeman, but to my surprise, Matthew sadly said, he didn't want to go with a new group of kids. Another first : (
His friend, Cooper, got a prize! Handed to him by our Pastor Wicks, at Plattsmouth First Baptist Church.
His oldest brother, Parker, received one, too! What a hard working family. This was no typical VBS. No decorations, no theme. Only Jesus, Tons of Enthusiasm (the leaders they hired to come in were amazing), and earning ribbons. Maybe you can kind of see them on the kids? Draping down in two and three rows, some dragging on the floor because they earned so many. They could earn them through attendance, nightly bible study, coloring, inviting others, memorization and other things.
The Glenns picked up Matthew every evening and dropped him off when it was over. So nice of them!! Love you Leah!
This was the final night where family could come, too.
Kaitlyn was a little nervous to go. And just by chance! Across the street at exactly the same time and same week was Five Day Club by CEF (Child Evangelism Fellowship). So I went with her to that while Daddy stayed home with William.Our neighbor hosting it was recently born again! What a great way to find out!
All such a blessing.
Adam and I were getting so much done one day! Then Adam came in the back yard and saw this scene!
It was a hot day, but the water was very cold! Not like warm Texas water from the hose : )
Matthew's little swimshirt was never quite the same again. The white just never was the same again.
Originally we thought we'd borrow a horsetrailer or something of the sort. But as Adam was calculating things vs. space - we got another moving truck just as big as the first!
We just had a great idea! What if Adam and Matthew take the truck back home and I stay with Kaitlyn and William and finish up the painting!? They would fly back for us and we'd all drive home in one car. I wouldn't have to drive the entire way again with two little kids behind a truck. We're here and 'settled' and still have plenty to do. Maybe it will sell and we can be here to finish that up...
Our neighbors said it could have used a swather, the grass had been so high. He couldn't explain enough how tall it had been. They had even called our old realtor about it and she said it was taken care of. When we asked her about it, she said, "I thought you had it covered." Our neighbor graciously mowed down our front yard for us before Adam lined up someone from church to take care of the yard just before we arrived. He said he and his wife were a little overwhelmed when they first came. He asked Adam what that one spot in the back corner was....the garden. It was still untouched when we came, so that kind of gave us an idea of the condition! Nothing like beautiful humidity, rich, dark soil and a chance for weeds to grow. Wow. We didn't have the heart to take a 'before' picture.
Our old friend, the massive tree.
I'm a loyal person. Loyal to people, and I see now, loyal to places, too. Looking back, moving so many times ever since college is what I needed to fully realize, "we are but strangers, passing through this world. Our residence is in heaven."
We've moved a few times now and, for me, there's a certain amount of time that needs to be spent in the process. Yes, of course the actual time of packing, loading, hauling, unloading, unpacking, and making a home. But, more than that. A time to say good bye - to friends, to places and memorable times. A time to mourn. A time for denial. The grieving process must be gone through, or else the next steps will be hindered and impaired. The practical side of moving, then slowed down.
Coming here and spending this time is the first time we've ever had a chance to have this closure. I am forever grateful.















No comments:
Post a Comment