Having a good visit with Grandpa Frank from the back of the pickup.
Grandma Doris' rock garden!
William having his first chicken leg.
It fondly reminded us a little of Texas. It's typical at fairs and town street functions for turkey legs to be sold. It's normal to see petite little women to small children, as well as big tall men, walking around eating on a Huge drumstick.
Happy Belated Anniversary Mom and Dad!
I found excuses for celebrations while we were out-of-state. So the kids are kind of used to celebrating 1/2 birthdays : )
Kaitlyn is 4 1/2 years old! ~June 6th
So we kind of celebrated it with Grandpa & Grandma's Anniversary...
She's been requesting brownies lately.
Stopping to pick some 'wildflowers.'
Must always have a photo-op of our current state's flowering in our present area...
Immediately happy with my response and quickly moving on. He is so cute!
He's been saying a Big, Loud, "Hey!" the most these last couple of months. For any reason: to get our attention, to let us know he doesn't like it!, to point something out, all kinds of reasons.
As we got closer to home, we were then driving by a field newly planted with grain....and Adam is sure there's none left. The seeds must have all been uncovered and probably blew away themselves. It was so awful seeing all the soil literally blowing away from this one entire field. When we got up to the house and had a nice vantage point, we could see that this one field seemed mostly alone with such terrible erosion and blowing All through the valley. It was something seeing it so clearly. Though Adam later heard the Schutter's had some similar situations.
So thankful now to have a beautiful rain and see all these beautiful wildflowers and their promise of a good spring crop for farmers and ranchers!
June...and still so cool out! We are still acclimating ourselves from the Midwest!
Our little 'mountain goats.' I can't believe I have so many pictures of this day. William is still a toddler and he was moving fast! It was all I could do to keep up with him and steady him every now and then.
Matthew isn't with us much these days. He Loves going to work with Daddy! And Adam is so awesome to take him along. And Grandpa and Grandma are awesome to always have him around!
I see that after almost seven years....my nerves are starting to have a little chance to calm down, relax and actually heal. I can literally feel all three of these steps taking place. Thank you again Adam, Mom and Dad! I love Matthew dearly and love having us all together. But I am an introvert and he is an extrovert and I am always going, one way or another, when we are together.
A spur of the moment trip to the Missouri Headwaters, near Three Forks. Where the Jefferson, Madison, and Gallatin Rivers all come together forming the Missouri. After living in Plattsmouth, NE for three years at the Missouri River Confluence, we were glad to come and see were it all begins!
The confluence is where the Platte Rivers joins up with the Missouri.
A good vantage point seeing the rivers.












No comments:
Post a Comment